Belift Lab’s damages lawsuit against former ADOR CEO Min Hee-jin is moving toward its final stage after the Seoul Western District Court held the sixth hearing in the 2 billion won civil case on May 15, 2026. The Min Hee-jin Lawsuit centers on Belift Lab’s claim that Min’s plagiarism allegations involving ILLIT caused damage to the company and related parties.1
The 12th Civil Division of the Seoul Western District Court asked both sides to submit comprehensive preparatory briefs and said it planned to close the hearing process after two more argument dates. The next hearing was scheduled for the afternoon of July 10, 2026.1
Belift Lab-Min Hee-jin Damages Case Nears Final Stage

The May 15 hearing marked the continuation of a case that had been delayed after a March 2026 hearing date was changed to an estimated date. Maeil Business Newspaper reported that the case resumed after about two months, with the Seoul Western District Court proceeding with arguments in Belift Lab’s 2 billion won damages suit.2
At the hearing, the court’s main direction was procedural. It requested consolidated submissions from both parties and indicated that the remaining process would be limited. The court said it planned to hear arguments “two more times and then conclude” the proceedings.1
The civil action was brought by Belift Lab after Min raised plagiarism allegations related to ILLIT. Newssis reported on June 10, 2024, that Belift Lab said it had filed a civil lawsuit in addition to a criminal complaint against Min, who was then ADOR’s CEO. The company claimed that Min’s allegations had harmed the artists, staff members, and participating creators connected to ILLIT.3
Belift Lab also produced and released a video rebutting the plagiarism claims, the same report said.3 The current civil claim seeks 2 billion won in damages, and the dispute has been framed around whether Min’s statements were false and damaging or whether they were opinion and public-interest expression.4
Core Dispute: False Statements or Public-Interest Opinion
The first hearing in the Belift Lab case was held on January 10, 2025, before the Seoul Western District Court’s 12th Civil Division. At that stage, Belift Lab argued that Min’s plagiarism allegations were false, while Min’s side responded that the remarks were an expression of opinion made for a public-interest purpose.4
The court identified two central issues at the first hearing: whether Min’s press conference remarks included false statements, and what standard should be used to judge alleged copying.4 Those questions remain central as the case moves toward its expected conclusion after two additional hearings.
The divide between the parties was again visible at the May 15 hearing. Min’s side argued that she had not stated any false facts, saying there was “no indication of any false fact.”1 Belift Lab’s side described Min’s remarks as serious harm to ILLIT, calling them an “enormous harmful act” against the group.1
The case is narrower than other civil disputes involving Min, HYBE, ADOR, and former NewJeans members. Belift Lab’s claim is tied specifically to public allegations about ILLIT and alleged copying. Other proceedings concern different legal questions, including shareholder agreements, damages claims, and contract-related disputes.
Related Proceedings Continue in Parallel
The broader legal backdrop remains active. On May 14, 2026, the Seoul Central District Court’s 31st Civil Division held the first hearing in ADOR’s damages lawsuit against former NewJeans member Danielle, Danielle’s mother, and Min. That case was reported as a 43.1 billion won damages claim, with issues including whether ADOR’s change of legal counsel delayed the trial, whether Danielle’s case should be heard separately, and whether Min was involved in the termination of an exclusive contract.5
In that ADOR-related case, the court also noted that the legal meaning of the term “tampering” was unclear and suggested the submission of overseas precedents.5 The matter is separate from Belift Lab’s 2 billion won suit, but it is part of the same broader legal environment surrounding Min and entertainment companies linked to the NewJeans dispute.
Another related case produced a ruling earlier in 2026. On February 12, 2026, the Seoul Central District Court’s 31st Civil Division ruled in favor of Min in her stock purchase payment lawsuit against HYBE over a 26 billion won put option. In HYBE’s separate lawsuit seeking confirmation that a shareholders’ agreement with Min had been terminated, the court ruled against HYBE.6
Newssis also reported that the same court division was handling ADOR’s damages lawsuit against Min, Danielle, and others, described as approximately 43.09 billion won.6 Those cases are legally distinct from Belift Lab’s claim, but they show that multiple civil proceedings involving Min remained underway or had recently produced rulings by the time the Belift Lab hearing resumed in May 2026.

The Belift Lab-Min Hee-jin damages case now has a clearer procedural path. After the May 15 sixth hearing, the court set July 10, 2026, as the next date and signaled that two more hearings would be held before the case is closed for judgment.1
References
- 빌리프랩-민희진 20억 손배소…"두 번 변론 후 종결 예정"[현장EN:] (CBS노컷뉴스, 2026-05-15)
- “아일릿, 뉴진스 아류”…민희진·빌리프랩, 오늘 ‘20억 손배소’ 변론 재개 (매일경제, 2026-05-15)
- 아일릿 소속사, 뉴진스 프로듀서 민희진에 민사소송도 제기(종합) (뉴시스, 2024-06-10)
- 빌리프랩 측 "안무 동작 소유권 황당" vs 민희진 측 "공익 목적"…첫 소송 기일 공방 (뉴시스, 2025-01-10)
- "재판 지연 의도"vs"활동 방해 안해"…다니엘·어도어 손배소 격돌 (이데일리, 2026-05-14)
- 민희진, 하이브 상대 '260억 풋옵션' 소송 1심 승소 (뉴시스, 2026-02-12)