Viral allegations about ILLIT member Minju’s past have circulated across social media, placing the ILLIT Minju controversy back in public discussion. Reports say the claims involve alleged negative remarks about NewJeans member Minji and alleged dating during Minju’s trainee period, but the available coverage frames the matter as online accusations rather than confirmed misconduct.1
The claims have drawn attention because they combine a personal allegation against an individual idol with the broader online scrutiny surrounding ILLIT. As of the source material available, no official report confirming trainee-era misconduct by Minju has surfaced, and supporters have disputed the reliability of screenshots being used to support the allegations.2
ILLIT Minju Past Allegations Spread Through Viral Posts

Koreaboo reported that a viral social media post accused Minju of having previously badmouthed NewJeans’ Minji and of dating two people while she was a trainee. The report described the claims as rumors and said backlash spread through reposts and reaction posts.1
WowKeren covered the same online controversy on May 22, 2026, also identifying the central claims as alleged negative comments toward NewJeans’ Minji and alleged dating during the trainee period. The outlet said the accusations were circulating online and that supporters questioned the screenshots being presented as evidence.2
The available reports do not establish who first posted the allegations, whether the screenshots are authentic, or whether any agency, school, trainee program, or official body verified the claims. The distinction is important in entertainment reporting because viral allegations can move quickly across platforms before corroborating information is available.
The current record therefore supports only a limited conclusion: Minju has become the subject of viral past-related accusations, and those accusations have generated online debate. It does not support treating the claims as proven fact.
Fans Push Back Against Unverified Evidence
Fan response has centered on the absence of reliable proof. Koreaboo reported that fans argued there was no reliable evidence or official misconduct report connected to the allegations.1 WowKeren similarly reported that supporters challenged the credibility of screenshots circulating online and noted the lack of any official report of trainee-era wrongdoing.2
That response reflects a recurring pattern in idol-related online controversies: screenshots, reposts, and anonymous claims often become the basis for public debate before formal verification is available. In this case, the provided source material does not include a statement from Minju, ILLIT, or BELIFT LAB directly addressing the specific past-allegation posts.
The reports also do not provide confirmed dates for the alleged incidents, named witnesses, verified documents, or official disciplinary records. Without those details, the claims remain allegation-framed in the available coverage.
The controversy follows another online allegation involving Minju earlier in May 2026. Koreaboo reported on May 13, 2026, that Minju was the subject of a separate viral post alleging jaw surgery based on before-and-after comparisons from social media. That article also described the matter as online accusations and said fans countered by sharing childhood and pre-debut photos, while no agency statement or verified medical information was cited.3
The two incidents are separate, but they show that Minju has recently been the focus of multiple online accusation cycles. The source material does not establish that the same users, platforms, or motivations were involved in both cases.
Agency Context Around Malicious Posts And Legal Action
BELIFT LAB has previously addressed malicious online activity targeting ILLIT, though the cited statements were not described as direct responses to the specific Minju past-allegation posts. OSEN, carried by ChosunBiz, reported that the agency posted a Weverse notice on November 14, 2025, saying it was responding to insults, false information, personal attacks, and defamation directed at the group and individual members.4
In that notice, BELIFT LAB said it would respond under a “zero-tolerance principle” without settlement or leniency.4 The agency also said it would strengthen monitoring after an increase in severe posts against ILLIT and its members.4
BELIFT LAB has also taken legal-action language into other areas involving the group’s privacy and safety. MK Sports reported that on January 9, 2026, the agency announced legal action after ILLIT members’ private flight information was allegedly obtained and used to follow members after overseas schedules. The agency said the changed flight details were nonpublic information known only to the artists and a small number of staff, and it asked airlines to cooperate with checking access logs.5
In that statement, BELIFT LAB said it judged the situation had reached a level it could “no longer overlook.”5 The statement concerned airport stalking allegations, not Minju’s past-related online controversy, but it forms part of the broader public record of the agency’s response to activity it considers harmful to ILLIT.
The group has also been linked to broader legal and public disputes involving its image. Kstyle, citing MyDaily, reported on May 15, 2026, that a sixth hearing had taken place in BELIFT LAB’s damages lawsuit against former ADOR CEO Min Hee-jin over remarks that ILLIT copied NewJeans. The court set the next hearing for July 10, while BELIFT LAB argued the comments harmed HYBE and ILLIT, and Min’s side argued the remarks were a defensive response during a press-conference exchange.6

For now, the Minju past-allegation issue remains an online controversy built around disputed claims, reposted screenshots, and fan rebuttals. The available source material supports reporting that accusations circulated and drew backlash, but it does not confirm the alleged conduct or identify an official finding against Minju.
References
- “Badmouthing! Dating!” Viral Accusations About ILLIT Minju’s Past Triggers Hate Towards Idol (Koreaboo)
- Kontroversi ILLIT Minju: Tuduhan Buruk dan Reaksi Penggemar (WowKeren, 2026-05-22)
- ILLIT’s Minju Faces Serious Plastic Surgery Allegations In Viral Post (Koreaboo, 2026-05-13)
- 아일릿 측 “미성년자 멤버에 도넘은 악플, 선처 없는 ‘무관용 원칙’ 대응” (전문)[공식] (OSEN / ChosunBiz, 2025-11-14)
- 아일릿, 공항 스토킹 행위에 “묵과할 수 없는 수준…무관용 법적 대응” [전문] (MK Sports, 2026-01-09)
- ミン・ヒジン&BELIFT LAB、ILLITの盗作疑惑に関する発言の意図性めぐり再び対立 (Kstyle / MyDaily, 2026-05-15)