MC Mong used a TikTok live broadcast on May 18, 2026, to deny allegations that he had engaged in illegal gambling with company funds. The broadcast became the central event in the MC Mong gambling scandal coverage after he rejected the claims, referred to account tracing, and alleged that other people were connected to gambling activity.1
The singer and producer had previewed the broadcast earlier on May 18 through social media, saying he would speak at 8 p.m. and disclose information about people he claimed were involved in illegal gambling.2 Multiple Korean outlets later reported that the livestream lasted more than an hour and covered gambling allegations, MBC’s “PD Notebook” reporting process, disputes involving former business associates, and other personal accusations.3
MC Mong TikTok Live Centers on Gambling Denial

Yonhap News Agency reported that MC Mong strongly denied the allegation that he had used company money for illegal gambling during the May 18 live broadcast. He was quoted as saying, “What illegal gambling?” and “Who gambles illegally with company funds?”1
SBS Entertainment News reported that the broadcast opened at 8 p.m. and included MC Mong’s argument that it made no sense to suggest gambling had been carried out with company money. He also said he had not been in charge of accounting, while referring to an upcoming or planned “PD Notebook” report on allegations related to company funds and illegal gambling.3
The dispute is tied in part to MC Mong’s past business role. Yonhap reported that MC Mong co-founded One Hundred with Piark Group chairman Cha Ga-won in 2023 and left the company in July 2025, after which related allegations surfaced.1 Maeil Business Newspaper also reported that One Hundred had been in conflict with affiliated artists over unpaid settlement money, a background issue raised alongside the livestream controversy.4
MC Mong’s comments went beyond denial. He claimed that those who had informed “PD Notebook” were themselves connected to gambling activity, but SBS Entertainment News noted that some of the claims made during the broadcast were unverified.3 That distinction remains important because the livestream included disputed allegations against other people, not only MC Mong’s response to accusations against him.
Claims About Other Figures Remain Disputed
Before the livestream, Money Today reported that MC Mong had said he would reveal the names of entertainers and a group allegedly involved in illegal gambling with a real estate developer identified only as A. The outlet described A as the uncle of Cha Ga-won, who co-founded One Hundred Label with MC Mong.2
Sports Kyunghyang reported that MC Mong said he would explain the background of MBC “PD Notebook” reporting and pointed to specific people as members of a high-stakes illegal “badugi” gambling group. The outlet also described the remarks as appearing to be an extension of a dispute connected to rumors involving Cha Ga-won and MC Mong.5
Maeil Business Newspaper reported that MC Mong named several people during the live broadcast, including a family member of Cha Ga-won and a veteran singer, while denying that he himself was involved in gambling. The same report said he also addressed allegations around military service evasion, an affair rumor, prostitution, and illegal gambling during the broadcast.4
Seoul Shinmun reported that MC Mong also denied prostitution-related allegations and said people seen in CCTV footage from an elevator at his home were his girlfriend and acquaintances. The report said he argued that allegations had been distorted during a conflict involving a former business partner and also questioned the reliability of sources connected to “PD Notebook” reporting on gambling.6
Because the broadcast mixed direct denials, accusations against others, and references to media reporting, the public record currently consists mainly of MC Mong’s own statements and media accounts of those statements. The outlets cited did not report a completed legal finding on the gambling allegations in the materials provided.
Current Status After the May 18 Broadcast
The confirmed point across the reports is that MC Mong publicly denied the company-fund illegal gambling allegation during the May 18 TikTok live. The strongest direct statements attributed to him were categorical denials, including his question about who would gamble illegally with company funds.1
At the same time, the livestream broadened the controversy by introducing claims about other alleged gambling participants. Those claims have not been established in the provided reports, and at least one outlet specifically cautioned that some disclosures made in the broadcast had not been confirmed.3
The controversy also remains connected to One Hundred and to MC Mong’s separation from the company. Reports identify his 2023 co-founding of One Hundred with Cha Ga-won and his July 2025 departure as part of the background to the dispute, while later coverage placed the livestream in the context of company-related allegations and conflicts involving former associates.1

For now, the May 18 TikTok live stands as MC Mong’s public rebuttal to the illegal gambling allegation and as the moment when he escalated the dispute by making further claims about other figures. The allegations and counterclaims remain contested in the source material, with no final determination reported in the records provided.
References
- MC몽, 라이브 방송서 "누가 회사 자금으로 불법도박 하나" (연합뉴스, 2026-05-18)
- MC몽 "불법도박 연예인 실명 공개"…오늘 밤 8시 폭로 방송 예고 (머니투데이, 2026-05-18)
- MC몽, 1시간 넘게 한풀이 해명…"내가 도박꾼? 바둑이 멤버는 따로 있어" (SBS연예뉴스, 2026-05-18)
- “고소하라, 2부 간다”…MC몽, 중견 가수 실명 거론하며 ‘도박단’ 폭로 (매일경제, 2026-05-18)
- “불법도박 연예인 모두 폭로할 것” MC몽, 라방 예고 (스포츠경향, 2026-05-18)
- MC몽 “날 죽이는 데 일조한 배우 김민종” 실명 언급…성매매 사진엔 ‘억울’ (서울신문, 2026-05-18)